Saturday 2 May 2015

Clarity Challenge - Clocks

Hi my little blog friends, welcome to this months Clarity Challenge Blog.


Once again, a project that started life as something completely different. I started off painting a piece of heavyweight card with some turquoise paint, then I used some Fresco Finish Crackle which Clarity now stock.  Once dried I brayered some nougat fresco paint, and waited for the crackle.



Its the first time I've used this crackle, and it's perfect.  It works like a treat, very impressed.



I used some small flower stamps from the elegant lady accessory set, to stamp over with and then cut out a large circle.  I then used some grunge paste through the round number stencil, painted it when dry and then rubbed some of the amazing pebeo gilding wax over it.  At this point I got stuck and wasn't sure where to go.  I spent ages looking through my stamps until I saw the butterflies, and that was it.



After three hours of stamping, embossing and cutting out I had a lovely pile of butterflies to use.
I did some matting and layering, some more stamping (most of which actually got covered up), and we were done.  

I think as Barbara says, we should slow down and enjoy the times that make us happy.  If crafting and pottering makes you happy, don't feel guilty about it, do more of it.

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, I really appreciate it.

Happy Crafting!







No comments:

Post a Comment