Saturday, 16 January 2016

Clarity Challenge - Say it with Flowers Part II

Hello bloggers, I hope you have had chance to join in with this months
Clarity Challenge, it really is worth entering.  £50.00 in vouchers is not to be sniffed at my friends.

This bright and sunshiny piece was made using the cute little daffodil stamp, which
I stamped in a row on a piece of white card.

I then coloured them with my new best friends, the kuretake watercolours.
When I had done this I decided to give it a bit of a sheen by clear embossing over
the entire piece (someone please remind me to get some new clear embossing powder that
doesn't have white bits in it!).

Next was the background, and I decided on this sunburst stencil, I use this one
quite a lot as you can get a lovely sunny look from it.
I inked through with some yellow and orange distress inks.

The panels were then layered together onto some coloured cardstock.
You can see better on this photo the shine on the panel.
It looks better in real life, honest.

Thanks for looking and please pop along to the Clarity website to check out
some of the design teams fabulous artwork.

Amanda xx

Tuesday, 5 January 2016

Clarity Challenge - Say it with Flowers

Happy New Year to all, hope you are all well, and well fed!
This months theme is all about the flowers, which Clarity do rather well I think.

I love these stamps and have been looking for something to do with them
for a while.

I started off not really knowing what I was going to do, 
as usual.  
I wasn't sure what size it was going to be so started with a piece of A4 card 
and stamped a row of flowers in archival ink.

I then wet the whole page and sprinkled brushos in red and green were the
leaves and flowers are then sprayed again with water.

I got a little bit carried away with this one and don't have as many photos as I normally take.

I also used some yellow and orange brushos/colour bursts powders at the top
and more water.

By this time the card was soaked with water so I tipped it and let
it dry drippy.

I loved it!
Lost the flowers a bit though, so when it was completely dry
I overstamped with versmark and embossed in white powder.

All that was left was to colour the flowers with some pencils
for more definition, and cut down and mount.

I got out some mirri card for this, which I haven't used for ages, but I think it 
really goes with these colours.

Thank you for reading and I hope you will join in with the Clarity Challenge this month.


Clarity Challenge - A Christmas Story Part II

Hi bloggers, I have finally got round to blogging this winter scene card that I made.  Not that its ever going to be sent to anyone as I like it too much myself.

I started this one off by getting very painty and messy.  I blobbed some PaperArtsy fresco paints on some white card in blue and the metallic silver.  Then used my fingers to spread the paint around.

When it was dry I stamped one of the funky houses, I planned on just having one house, but thought it looked a bit lonely so decided to do a village.

Once I'd done all the stamping I coloured the houses using various polychromo pencils.  I used some distress ink around the edge and some yellow acrylic paint above the trees.

I used paint again for the star and also some stick on metallic thingies that I thought would look nice.
I also went a bit mad with glitter snow.  Hope you like.

Thanks for reading.